In this position the ESR will be employed by UHEI (University of Heidelberg) and enrolled as a PhD student at the University of Heidelberg, the oldest University of Germany. The ESR’s role in this project will be to optimise and apply novel tissue clearing-based technologies for the analysis of intact kidneys and other organs in order to evaluate the safety and efficacy of RMTs. More specifically:
- Develop new approaches for optical tissue clearing and tissue expansion.
- Learn using confocal and light sheet microscopes (Leica SP8).
- Learn to handle big data (1 mouse kidney is about 600GB to 5TB).
- Analyse the data on a high performance cluster.
- Collaborate with scientists developing in vivo models.